Header Ads Widget

Sachin Tendulkar Speech In English Written : Sachin Tendulkar Interview

 Sachin Tendulkar Speech In English Writte

 


Interviewer:Let's introduce the batting master of the world, Sachin Tendulkar. Well, let's share a few stories, I reckon. Why don't we start right at the beginning? Sachin Tendulkar:Well, school cricket was exciting and the reason to start playing cricket was a strangeone. I mean, I was a notorious child, difficultto manage and I took a lot of pride in that. One of the evenings, they were showing a famousBollywood film on a TV channel. And in those days, there were not many channelsback home in India. So, we friends thought this is the best timeto polish off all the mangoes from the tree, which we were not meant to. And we fell down. 

We also brought the tree down with us. And that was a turning point of my careerbecause my brother and my family, the rest of the family members said, this is enough. And you're not allowing more of these complaintsto come home every evening, because that was supposed to be my summer vacations, beginningof my summer vacations. And they said that we are going to make youburn all your calories on a cricket field. You do what you want, you love cricket, goout and play with a season ball. And that's how my career started. And gradually, I did not know. I mean, I was only 11 years old. I did not know what were the big tournaments,but the dream was there in front of me. I wanted to play for India because as a 10-year-old,I had seen Kapil Dev lift that beautiful trophy at Lords. 


Speech On Sachin Tendulkar In English 


1983 world cup. So, I had also joined the celebrations, notknowing the significance of winning the world cup. So, that's how my cricket started. And I always wanted to win the world cup. That was the reason I started. And as the time went by, I started enjoyingcricket and I started realising the challenges of cricket. And my coach was instrumental. And along with my brother... Interviewer:Ajeet. Sachin Tendulkar:To my elder brother, Ajeet, to make me realise the importance of leading a disciplined life,a focused life, and to make me push harder, they found reasons. And even towards the end of my career, I followedthat formula. If I scored runs, let the rest of the worldtalk about it. I think about the next game. And that right from my school days becamean unwritten formula, unwritten law at home that we don't talk about last game, we talkabout next game. And however, many runs I scored, I wantedto go out and score more than that. So, if I didn't score, I would have a restlessnight. If I scored runs, I would still have a restlessnight thinking that how am I going to score more? And that's how it all happened.

 I mean, I normally don't discuss numbers,but this is something that I must share with all of you. I, towards the end of my school cricket career,I already started playing first class cricket. And the last season I can proudly say thatI averaged 1000 in 25 because I only got out once in the whole season. And my brother and my coach were instrumentalin that because every time I scored runs, none of them said, well played, to me. And that's why in my farewell speech, I said,to my coach that at least now you can take a chance by saying, well done. There are no more matches in my career. But something that I lived for was appreciationfrom my coach and my brother, which never happened. I mean, and that was something which, youknow, sort of kept me giving my best all the time. Interviewer:I've asked around the room and we will have a chance to ask some questions after we haveour conversation here. Many people have said simple, easy question. What was the best innings ever? Sachin Tendulkar:The one in Perth, 1992, I was only 18 then. 


 Sachin Tendulkar English Speech


And that was a fast wicket, everyone, I guess,each Aussie know how fast the wicket is, the kind of bounce it generates. So, for someone who had never experiencedthat kind of pace and bounce, and Australia as usual was playing terrific cricket. So, for me to who go out there and score runson that pitch was really important. And I can almost say the turning phase ofmy career, because after that, I was not over confident, but I was confident to play anyattack in the world. And I felt I was ready to face any attackin the world. I was able to challenge many attacks afterthat in the world. But that one particular inning was the bestinning. But the most meaningful innings and somethingwhich has stayed with me now and it'll stay with me forever, has to be the one that Iplayed against England in Chennai in 2008. That was a time when Mumbai was hit by thatterrible terrorist attack. And the one-day series was cancelled. England went off to Dubai and they graciouslycame back to play the test series. 

And when we turned up in Chennai to play thefirst test, none of us were in the frame of mind to play test cricket, I mean any formof cricket, because all we kept discussing was how could this happen to our nation? And why did it happen? It was the toughest phase of my career. And I would speak on the behalf of our team,it was really, really tough. And for first three and a half days, we werecompletely out of ideas, we could not put up a competitive performance. And England gave us a target in the fourthinnings of 375 runs, 374 runs. 

We were able to win that game. We chased 375 on a difficult track. But to see the entire nation celebrating thatvictory, even for a second, meant a lot to all of us. And I had played a significant role in that,so that is the most important innings of my life, more than even, you know, the otherworld cups innings or other important innings that I've been part of. This had a different meaning altogether. So, Chennai match. Interviewer:Well played. What about some of the characters that didball to you? I mean, we're talking about very best fastballers in the world after the last quarter of a century. Why don't we just, you know, go through afew names. What about the first, your first tour againstPakistan and then maybe Donald and McGraw and, and Warren who reckons even today afteryou smashed him around in charger, that he has nightmares of you hitting him for six. I mean. Sachin Tendulkar:The first test series was an important series because I was only 16 and I did not know atthat time what I was, you know, facing against. I mean, you talk about Imran Khan world classbowler, Wasim Akram, amazing, absolutely super, all time one of the greatest bowlers to haveplayed.


Speech By Sachin Tendulkar In English


 Wakar Younis, I would put him in the sameleague. Abul Kadar, again in the same league. So, it was a world class attack. And I went out to bat in the first game andstraight from school cricket to one season or first-class cricket, and then to play againstthe best bowling attack in the world. I was clueless. I had no idea. I was getting beaten by the pace. I had never experienced someone bowl at 90-95miles an hour. And I could actually see the ball, but whileI was reacting, the ball was more towards the keeper and not closer to the keeper, ratherthan it should be closer to me. But and I said, oh, this is a wrong place. And, you know, you got in the wrong placeat the wrong time. And I got out, I got out on 15. While walking back, I somehow controlled mytears. I was only 16 then, so I was allowed to doall that. I went to the bathroom and I cried. And I looked at myself in the mirror, said,this level of cricket is not for you. You know, you're not good enough to do allthis. And fortunately, I got about six days in between. So, I ended up speaking to a lot of, the seniorplayers in the team, the coach, and they all said that, you know, you batted as if you'replaying the school match. This is not a school match. You need to learn to give respect to theseworld class bowlers. 

And you need to, you need to just hang aroundthere, give yourself some time. And in the next match, I went out, I was justhoping that I get picked for the next game, which I was. And the next game, I decided not to look atthe scoreboard. I said, the only time I'm looking in the directionof the scoreboard is to look at the clock because I decided my target was that I'm goingto back for half an hour, not worrying about runs. And after half an hour, you know, I got usedto that pace. And I said, I can deal with this pace. You know, it's not easy, but it's not impossible. And that changed my thinking. I scored 59 in that test match. And from there on, I never doubted my ability. But the first match, I thought it was my firstand the last one. Interviewer:What about fear in that, you have been able to overcome a lot of pain during your career. Sachin Tendulkar:In the, in fact, in the same series, in the fourth test match, we were in a bad position. In the second innings, we were 34 for fourwickets down and with a day and a half to go. So, I got hit on my nose when I was battingon one. Later on, I realised that I had broken mynose. Everyone gathered and then, you know whathappens when Pakistan team is around you. There are bound to be some comments. And Javed Miandad was, you know, a trickycustomer. And he said, you've broken your nose. 

You know, you can't be bating here. You have to go to the hospital knowing that,you know, one batsman goes to the hospital, there again, they start to dominate. And a doctor came, I iced my nose and I puta bandage and I continued bating. But that was again, I mean, I scored 58 inthat match and I batted for four more hours after that, which sort of, you know, helpedus draw the series because Pakistan had the most wonderful attack in the world. They were expected to thrash us 4-nil. And to draw the series was kind of a, whichI got to know through English guys, it was a moral victory for us. So, I only learned Edward towards the endof my career, but it means a lot. So, it was kind of a moral victory for usand we were able to draw, but I became fearless after that. Interviewer:Look, I think an interesting question here would be, you've had your highs and your lowsand you've been absolutely magnificent right through. How does one get up off the deck when thingsaren't going well? Sachin Tendulkar:I would like to share one experience with you here. 

Sachin Tendulkar Farewell Speech In English


It's a funny story, but completely out ofthe box, which we hadn't tried. And it did wonders for our team. We were playing against New Zealand and ChrisCairns was bowling. This was in India, in Mohali. So, in your hometown. It was, the ball was reverse swinging andChris Cairns was virtually beating us two, three times an over. I was bating with Rahul Dravid, so the mainbatters were bating. We'd like to believe that we were the mainbatters and we were getting beaten and we were sort of clueless because we couldn'tsee the shine. Sometimes the surfaces are such that it becomesa little difficult to figure out which side is the shiny side and which is the rough side. I mean, I expect all you guys to know whatreverse swing is. Reverse swing is wherever the shiny side is,the ball starts to go in that direction. Even if the bowler wants the ball to go inthe opposite direction, it'll not go because of the imbalance and the surface of the ball. So, Chris had started doing that and I metwith Raul in the middle of the wicket, in the middle of the over, I said, I've got anidea. 

And he said, do you want to share it now orafter the over. I said, I'll share with you after the over,but it can work. So, Rahul said, okay, tell me now, what isyour idea? I said to Rahul, I am closer to the bowler. And when he is walking back on the run up,I need to stand here. And he is walking back onto his run up. I would be watching him closely and I'd bewatching the ball, which side is a shiny side and which side is the rough side. So, Rahul said, then what happens after that? I said, whichever side is the shiny side,I will hold the bat in that hand. If the ball, if he's going to ball an outswinger,the bat is going to be in my left hand, if he's bowling in swinger, the bat is in myright hand at the non-striker’s end. So, that's the only time in my career whenthe batsman is ready to face the ball. He's not watching the bowler; he's watchingthe bat in my hand. 

So, he is... Interviewer:Very good. Sachin Tendulkar:So, Rahul is watching me and suddenly, and suddenly you see couple of cover drives beinghit for boundaries and, you know, on drives passing the, you know, piercing mid-wicketand mid-on, and Chris is like wondering, I mean, these guys were getting beaten coupleof times every over, and suddenly I'm giving away couple of boundaries. There's definitely something wrong. So, all the fielders were watching me becauseI was, you know, watching Chris and not Rahul. And normally, no batsman stands facing theBowler. He would be like facing the other batter.

And then I would quickly change the bat. And by then they had sort of figured out thatthere is something fishy and Chris lost his momentum. He lost his rhythm and he held the ball crossingand he bowled a ball. And instead of, you know, looking at Rahulor checking what has happened there, he looks at me and he says, what have you got for this? Chris didn't realise that I had also warnedRahul that if I don't know what is coming, I'm going to hold the bat in the middle, sothat is how the story goes. So, it's just, in short, it's just being astep ahead of your opposition. Interviewer:Sachin, thank you so much. Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an outstandingnight. Thank you so much. Sachin Tendulkar:Thank you. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments